Thursday, November 20, 2008

More Bug News

I figured it had been too long since I wrote about the Sanktown bugs, so here's what I've been dealing with the past few weeks...

The weather has been very wintery-like lately, though today it warmed back up, and so most of the bugs have started to hunker down and hide out. I have noticed a severe decline in the volume of bugs that sneak into my trailer, with one notable exception. Apparently, a large colony of wasps have decided that my trailer will make a good home for the winter, so they have began their invasion. Corey thinks it's payback for our wasp hunting this summer before SOUL started, but that's another story altogether.

Anyway, wasps have been coming into my kitchen and living room at an alarming rate, and since I don't have a flyswatter, I've resorted to using other weapons - namely the dustpan and an oven mitt (not at the same time, though that does conjure up a nice mental picture). The most effective measure has been the use of Raid, however, and so I have doused the outside of my trailer several times. I have also found the main location of entry into the kitchen and spray it regularly - I've plugged about half a dozen other holes as well. I killed 25 in just five days last week (inside only - God only knows how many died outside and in the walls). But this week has been much better - only two so far.

I know writing about killing things doesn't make the most appealing reading material, but since hunting for wasps has become a regular part of my daily life, I figured I'd let you hear about it. Just pray I don't get stung. So far, so good in that department!

1 comment:

  1. Uh, I think this is an awesome post. Keep it up. I hope you got to hear about the game today :-).

    ReplyDelete