Monday, December 01, 2008

Wonderful visitor

We were just blessed by a visit by Kevan, a member at Poplar Ridge.
Kevan had some vacation time to spare and decided to come down and
help us out. Kevan didn't work on any large projects, mostly tiny
everyday ones, but the difference that it has made in our daily lives
has been ginormous. He fixed heaters, showers, and doors, trimed limbs
and bushes, and played basketball with neighborhood kids. It was great
being able to share our thanksgiving with someone else, someone who
gave us a lot to be thankful about.
and Kevan, just in case you read this, thank you so very much for all you
did and for the wonderful heartfelt conversations and most of all for just
coming down and spending time with us.
In case we don't say it enough, Corey and I love our interns and all the many visitors that take time out of their lives to come down here to Sanktown and who manage to always spread the love of Christ Jesus through word and deed.

God Bless
<><

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys,
    Wanted to say hi and I had a wonderful time when i came during Thanksgiving. Thanks to everyone for making me feel a part of this group and putting up with me. Corey you did a good job cooking us during Jennifer's absence and keeping me busy. Thanks to Wil my roommate for sharing everything even including the cookies from home. The roadtrip with Emily and Merryn to a nearby town for some sightseeing and a meal out on the town was great for getting to know the girls. Having everyone over to Jennifer and Corey's for Thanksgiving was awesome and to play games (Apple to Apple)later was great. My visit was just what I needed to appreciate what God has given me and for my family that was 600 miles away. I would love to come back some day and continue where I left off doing projects. Thanks for everything and hope to see you all again. To all my new Friends, God bless.

    Kevan

    ReplyDelete