Wednesday, December 17, 2008

That "G" Word

Saying goodbye insures the opportunity to say hello in the future.

Well, time has indeed flown by. Emily and I will be driving back up to NC this Friday, our internships complete. We'll both be coming back down with a college group for a week in January, but it still feels like we are saying goodbye for awhile. And I have always been bad with goodbyes.

I'm going to be honest with you, and for all of us here at the center, when I admit that we have been pretty slack as a group for a good amount of time. Not because we don't work hard (trust me, we can't avoid that here) and not because we don't care (also unavoidable for us), but we have really lost opportunities to have worship/devotion times with one another. We do have Bible study every week with the young adult group, Kid's Club, and Youth Group as well, but until the past few weeks, we hadn't really set aside the time to be together in the spirit of worship. It hurts me to type these words, but it is the truth. The wonderful thing is that it's never too late to do the right thing.

So, since Jennifer was convicted in this matter after her time at the Youth Workers conference, we have taken steps to rectify our mistakes. And I can't tell you how much I have cherished our private worship times together. It really made a big difference for me in our other weekly activities, and I think that we have learned a valuable lesson about priorities - one that I pray I will remember as I leave this place. I love my brother and sisters here at the center, I am in love with my God and Savior, and I feel like I'm having to say goodbye right here at the beginning!

But I have been reminded recently of the joy that I am afforded in all things, even the sad ones. It is sad to say goodbye, but it serves as proof to how much these people and this place means to me. As Jesus told his followers, you will be sad when I leave, but that sadness will be replaced with a joy that never ends when we meet again (see John 16:22). So it is with all followers of Christ. For us, saying goodbye insures the opportunity to say hello in the future. And I do enjoy saying hello.

Thank you all so much for being a part of our lives! I pray that God blesses and keeps you until we meet again.

Will <><

No comments:

Post a Comment