Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Oh Bama

Hey all, its Lyndsey again.
Well we made it through sports camp.  Because I have never planed or even been to anything like this previously, I had nothing to compare it to.  But I thought it was absolutely amazing.  Though we had different challenges throughout the week, I really felt overall it was a successful camp.  I was really pleased with how well volleyball worked, especially since it was the first time we have done that sport.  Most of all, I was so excited to see how God had his hand on the sports camp all week.  
Throughout the week there were different challenges and setbacks, but overall we were ready and willing to adapt to the changes.  In fact I believe that God used the entire week to teach some of the staff how to adapt and be flexible.
I also saw how God used some 'emergencies' to teach us how to step up and lead.  Now seeing it in hind sight, I am blown away by how amazing our God is.  He has everything under control, but he still chooses to use us, not for His sake, but for ours.
I am completely astonished and amazed when I look back on last week and see all the work God has done.  He has touched me in so many ways already, I cannot wait to go back and see what else my precious savior will do in the future.  
Please continue to pray for this ministry, for the groups coming down, for the community, and especially for the staff.  Last week, I realized quickly that we, the staff and our work, are so little, but our God is extremely BIG.  Pray that God will continue to do His work, and that we are willing to listen to His leading.  

Blessings!

Lyndsey

No comments:

Post a Comment