Thursday, July 30, 2009

The summer

Hey everybody, sorry I haven't found time to blog, but here I am now. I wanted to say hey and write a little something about the summer. First of all, it was wonderful!!! I miss the SOUL staff already, they left yesterday. They were all so amazing the whole summer.

It was a challenge, but wonderfully so, to host our largest group ever for Sports Camp. Sports Camp was a great success with many many kids running around the center playing all the different games. Our first year with volleyball went wonderfully.

Work Camp was amazing, but maybe I say that because I was in charge. No, I really say that because we had wonderful groups that completed some pretty big projects. Two roofing projects, the painting of a house, and the building of a porch. Plus, when some groups finished up they did various things around the center including, but not limited to, cleaning up trash and some yard work. I want to thank everyone for their hard work. We were blessed to see the gratitude of the homeowners and to see how much our work did for them.

As for Vacation Bible School, I didn't understand a thing that went on the whole week!!! Well, for those of you that don't know, I guess that was because I was in Mexico for Bible School. Thats right, I was blessed enough to have the opportunity to go to Mexico this year for their Vacation Bible School and blessed enough to have a crew here in Alabama that had no problems carrying on Vacation Bible School without me. Mexico was wonderful, and I would love to go back sometime.

All in all, the summer was wonderful and I hate that it's over. I hope everyone that came enjoyed themselves and I hope that you truly came face to face with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment