Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We're back...

Hey friends, we made it back up to NC safely on Monday, and I think I can speak for us all when I say I'm very glad to have some time to spend with family and friends. I love being down in Alabama, but I miss seeing you people too!

I thought I'd give some updates on some of the stuff we've been doing behind the scenes. So basically, everything that Corey's been working on for the past few months, haha. There have been some vast improvements in the back rooms of Turner and the shop. Thanks to the groups we had down for SOUL's work projects week, a lot of stuff has been moved out of those rooms and into the new storage building. So, for those of you that don't understand the full scale of that impact, we can now walk through the back rooms without stepping/squeezing/crawling over stuff on the floor. Plus, thanks to the help of the Western Quarter work group, one of the rooms has finally been transformed into the new youth room (shown on the left). Very exciting!

The shop has also been cleaned out and organized to a degree I've never seen. Corey's worked hard on getting it to the point where he knows what he has, how much of it there is, and where it's located. And not only can you walk through the room without traversing a maze of machines, supplies, wood scraps, and countless other things, but he's actually been able to park the lawn mower and trailer inside the building and - get this - even the van! (Not at the same time...) I can't tell you how much these seemingly tiny blessings excite me, but perhaps if you've had to deal with those rooms in particular at some point in the past, you can understand how I feel.

Another thing: we've been able to get benches built on the new porch at the rummage building (again, thanks to SOUL for the porch). I know the ladies that show up early for rummage sale have been enjoying them. Corey and I are both pretty proud of them... especially me since I'm construction and tool-challenged. I'm just glad they're still standing and providing a little more safety for people up on the porch.

Lastly, I'd just like to offer a big, overdue thanks to the work group that came down from Western Quarter awhile back. They were hard workers and continually displayed hearts willing and determined to follow God's calling. They were a pleasure to have down, and I'm convinced that God will continue to use the work they put forth to bless us and others at the center. The bunk beds they built are great - I know because I sleep in one every night. May God bless each of you in your service to Him.

1 comment:

  1. Will thanks so much for sharing those little but for sure God's gifts with everyone. I sure do hope that when people look at those pictures and read what you wrote that they will also feel a sense of pride for supporting our ministry in Alabama. And when i say little, i by no means mean that the projects were little only that things like a porch, a clean room, and a storage building, to some, may seem very simple, when in fact they do so much.
    I don't know if i tell you enough but i appriciate you and all the work/ over work, that you do notonly with Corey but with the kids. A lot, i mean A LOT wouldn't be possible without your unceasing and cheerful efforts.
    Corey and I will see you tommorrow, God Bless <><

    ReplyDelete